Theater of the Mind: a new RPG oriented magazine

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.

Sophmore

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Theater of the Mind: a new RPG oriented magazine

Hey all. Since I assume we all like gaming, I thought I would point this out just in case anyone missed it. There’s a new RPG mag called Theater of the Mind that looks really good. And no, not just because staring with issue #2 I will be having a recurring article in it called “Appropriate Muse.” That’s just a bonus. :) Anyway, each issue will focus on a theme. Issue #4 is going to be unspeakable horror. Yeah, that will be mandatory reading for Cthulhu fans. :cthulhu1:

If you want to check this magazine out for yourself, the pdf is out now for cheap at DriveThruRPG here: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... Issue-%232 and the paper version should be out soon.
“Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” ― Robert Bloch

Professor

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Re: Theater of the Mind: a new RPG oriented magazine

Excellent!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Daemon Sultan

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Just added to the Twitter feed. :)
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Sophmore

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 am

Good man, Dan. New RPG goodness like this needs love and care if they're to grow up strong.
“Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” ― Robert Bloch

Sophmore

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:06 pm

A heads up for anyone interested in this mag. Theater of the Mind has changed their release schedule. It will now be a bimonthly publication and their next issue, #3, coming out this October, will be their unspeakable horror issue. I’ve see the cover and some of the contents and it is very Lovecraftlicious. My article in it has a very specific HPL bent to it. So if you’re a CoC fan, and I know you are as you’re reading this off of the M.U.P. forums, and you’re interested in checking out this new RPG magazine, this will be the issue for you to get to give them a try.

Graduate Student

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:08 am

3 bucks! Well worth it...I will pick it up fer sure.

Cthanx!
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

Daemon Sultan

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks for the heads up I'll be on the lookout for it.

Sent from my Rezound on TRON using Tapatalk 4

Return to Product Reviews