Secrets of Tibet- No Show Tcho Tcho's

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Secrets of Tibet- No Show Tcho Tcho's

Post by fallingtower » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:51 am

I just picked Secrets of Tibet up (via amazon) and was disappointed that there is no Tcho Tcho content. I would've thought there would be, they originating in Tibet and all.

I am currently running a scenario set in Boston (Tcho Tcho Trouble in Chinatown) and wanted to see if I could fold it into a globe trekking adventure all the way to Tibet. I'm sure I could, but I have folks clamoring for Horror on the Orient Express. I may just replace the fez wearing Brotherhood of the Skin with Tcho Tcho's...Hmmmm...Tcho Tcho's on Choo-Choo's.

I'm surprised I haven't heard much about this book. I will read it and maybe give my opinion of it here.

Cthanx
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: Secrets of Tibet- No Show Tcho Tcho's

Post by fallingtower » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:12 am

The book is actually really good, chocked more full of historical fact than Mythosy stuff.

And I was wrong...the Tcho Tcho's were spawned in Burma, close to Tibet, but not Tibet.
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

skyman
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Secrets of Tibet- No Show Tcho Tcho's

Post by skyman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:43 am

you think since they appear in Arkham and San Fran they could make the hike to Tibet