Bump in the Night

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore
Bump in the Night

Post by Zombieneighbours » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 pm

I have my copy of Bumps in the Night, thanks to backing the pagan publishing kickstarter for it. I am about to dive into it. If people are interested, I will post a review after I have skimmed it.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: Bump in the Night

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Yes, please. I wasn't able to back this, but I plan to get it once it's in the shop. I'd love to hear more about it.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Speaking of non-mythos scenarios, right? I forgot that someone had already been working on that.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Zombieneighbours » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 pm

While "Bumps in the night" is non-mythos, they are still very definately Super natural horror investigations. My suggestion was very much more along the lines of non-supernatural investigations, or investigations that only touched very lightly on the mythos. Scenarios that could fit into a mythos campaign to break up the super natural, with something a little more human.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:30 am

We'd love a review. *coughrecordoneandsenditincough* ;)
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Zombieneighbours » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 pm

When is the next show going out?

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Zombieneighbours wrote:When is the next show going out?
We record the show tomorrow, 9/9/12, but the recording won't be released until 9/16/12. If you think you can get the review done in time for Dan to edit it into the show, then we can queue a spot for it during the show that we then stick-in during post.

Does that sound feasible Dan?

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:19 pm

I can work in anything that shows up before we start to record. I close my e-mail program at that point to give as much processing to the recording as possible.
That's not to say that you're required to do anything of the sort. If you want to record a review, we'd be thrilled to take it. And that goes for anyone out there! If you have an idea for a recorded bit, send it in and I'll be happy to work it into the show. I reserve the right to edit if necessary, but I don't expect to need to do much apart from making sure the audio sounds as good as possible.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:38 pm

If I may butt in, it's very satisfying to have a little bit of reaction from the hosts after the segment to make it sound more "live" and integral to the show. Adding it in post means all the hosts can say is "thank you" or add comments about the product that might be redundant. That's my two pence.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:55 pm

No, when I said work into the show, I didn't mean the current already recorded episode. I meant adding it in during the show like the lecture segments. Having us listen to them live while recording is definitely important. If something is submitted, it will wait for the next episode for play.