Miskatonic University Podcast 15.5- FUBAR

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Miskatonic University Podcast 15.5- FUBAR

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 am

This began as episode 16, but thanks to a software glitch, over an hour and a half worth the recording was vaporized. Thus, we started over again and covered just the news and the Lecture.
We are also Murphless, so it's Jon and Dan for this one.

We start things off with the Campus Crier.
Our first piece of news is that the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Play test is underway. Keepers got their info packets, and rules are being learned, and games are being played.

Chaosium's Horror on the Orient Express Kickstarter is almost done! They have added some more great stretch goals, including a special edition version of the soundtrack by Alex Otterlei, a metal Medallion of Ithaqua, and a Cthulhu Invictus adventure called OMNIA VINCIT SANGUINIS!

TWEET RPG VS ACHTUNG! CTHULHU THIS OCTOBER
Modiphius, the publisher of Achtung! Cthulhu is teaming up with a site called Tweet RPG to try a new type of online roleplaying.

This October 2012, Twitter fans had better brace themselves as Tweet RPG launches WWII-themed adventure Kontamination, set in the Lovecraft-inspired world of Achtung! Cthulhu.

Visit the Tweet RPG Press Release for the full details.

Trevlix from the forum told us about an online RPG convention in November called Aethercon. It's a 24-hour online con so you can run or play a game at any time.
The con is using the Roll20 site to power the tabletop and dice for the games.
Here is the original post in the Ice Cream Parlor on the Campus forum about this.

We then have a new lecture from Dr. Gerard at the Miskatonic University History Department -- on the topic of 'The Count of St. Germain'.

We play a promo for the Cthulhu Podcast.
We'd love to play promos for other shows, so if you're involved in a Mythos/weird fiction/RPG podcast, let us know and we'll play your promo.
Also, if you're an artist or musician, let us know and we'd be happy to feature your work on the show and website.
And if you have a podcast and would like to play our promo, you can find it on our feed or right here.

Other work that FNH has done lately can be found in the notes for episode 15.

We would also love to hear your ideas for topics for us to talk about. Send us a note directly, or go to the Campus forum with your ideas!
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator
Re: Miskatonic University Podcast 15.5- FUBAR

Post by trevlix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Despite the problems, I think it was a good episode. Great job!

Thanks for mentioning Aethercon!

I'm still looking for Keepers, so if you are interested let me know.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: Miskatonic University Podcast 15.5- FUBAR

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:35 pm

trevlix wrote:Despite the problems, I think it was a good episode. Great job!

Thanks for mentioning Aethercon!

I'm still looking for Keepers, so if you are interested let me know.
Could you put me in the might be category? I'm a little worried about committing at this point, but it sounds like great fun.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers