MU Podcast 16- Brain Jars and Jackson Elias

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: MU Podcast 16- Brain Jars and Jackson Elias

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks guys. I really love being able to talk about this stuff with Murph, Jon and Chad.

I try to do good show notes. I listen to some shows that don't do any at all, and it drives me up the wall. I want you guys to be able to find what we're talking about easily when you come back to the site later, since only part of our audience are at their computer while listening to the show. I myself listen at work or in the car, so I have to go back and look for links in the show notes for things that were discussed.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:28 pm

I have to agree. Dan does an amazing job with the show notes. THANKS DAN! :cthulhu1:

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Yeah, good hyperlinked notes are so critical, especially with a show that makes so many references to other media and podcasts and products and history stuff. I made a passing reference on a show recently to a Kickstarter by "some guy on RPPR," and I was embarrassed that I had blanked on Caleb Stokes' name during the show, but then in the show notes I later found that Dan had done due diligence, found out who I was talking about and linked to the Kickstarter. That's damned impressive, and it adds so much value to the episodes when you know you can follow up on stuff that piques your interest.

So yeah -- thanks, Dan.

(Now I guess you can't say doing show notes is a thankless job. :P )
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

1d4cast_James
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by 1d4cast_James » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Another top-notch show guys! While I'm not a fan of modules, I've been tainted by RPGA play, they are nice to draw inspiration from. Loved the History and Bestiary segments as well!
Founder and Co-Host of the 1d4Cast Podcast and 1d4Con.

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:08 am

While listening to this one again & finding the Mi-go unique way of dealing with taking a NPC apart in one fiction book (which I heard a while back but forgot which podcast I heard it on), is there any way to post the title/author to that Arkham Horror book that this was mentioned in? Sounds like one to pick up but the local store here has a few of the book two Arkham horror books but might be one they don't have.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)