MUP 089 - Those Beginner Keeper Jitters

Discussion about podcast episodes
Cthuhugh
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: MUP 089 - Those Beginner Keeper Jitters

Post by Cthuhugh » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:45 am

Keeper Jon wrote:Just so you all know.... Dan, Murph, Chad, and I had our first game with Keeper Mike last night. It was much fun, and Keeper Mike did a fantastic job of running the game, and made excellent use of the 7e rules, in particular the use of Bonus Dice. It was recorded, and should be in our actual play feed soon. We play part two tonight.
Forgive my lateness to the party,great podcast guys.It was wonderful to hear your voice again Mike,I swear I could have closed my eyes and been back at MAPS with Fenton about to head to Morocco.Well done on popping your Keeper cherry mate.

Damn,this is what happens when you drop off the grid.FYI my first of only a couple of CoC games I've been Keeper was the wonderful Dockside Dogs: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/102 ... of-Cthulhu

It's almost set and forget with it's premade characters and their motivations provided by the scenario,I played with all newbies (some were aware of Lovecraft and his work) and they picked up the vibe very quickly.
Steve Highfield in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario. Fenton Beanland in the Call of Cthulhu "The Inheritor " scenario.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Cthuhugh wrote:
Keeper Jon wrote:Just so you all know.... Dan, Murph, Chad, and I had our first game with Keeper Mike last night. It was much fun, and Keeper Mike did a fantastic job of running the game, and made excellent use of the 7e rules, in particular the use of Bonus Dice. It was recorded, and should be in our actual play feed soon. We play part two tonight.
Forgive my lateness to the party,great podcast guys.It was wonderful to hear your voice again Mike,I swear I could have closed my eyes and been back at MAPS with Fenton about to head to Morocco.Well done on popping your Keeper cherry mate.

Damn,this is what happens when you drop off the grid.FYI my first of only a couple of CoC games I've been Keeper was the wonderful Dockside Dogs: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/102 ... of-Cthulhu

It's almost set and forget with it's premade characters and their motivations provided by the scenario,I played with all newbies (some were aware of Lovecraft and his work) and they picked up the vibe very quickly.
I long to game with you again, my friend. And we need to return to Mike's game so we can complete that scenario.

Snipersunset
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Snipersunset » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Keeper Jon,
I can't seem to pm you for some reason, can you send me the goodies for the haunting you were talking about earlier in the post please.
I'm going to run it for my family soon and its our first time playing so all help to keep them interested in it would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Snipersunset wrote:Keeper Jon,
I can't seem to pm you for some reason, can you send me the goodies for the haunting you were talking about earlier in the post please.
I'm going to run it for my family soon and its our first time playing so all help to keep them interested in it would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Please email me at jonhook@gmail.com

I'll be happy to share it.

Snipersunset
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Snipersunset » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:
Snipersunset wrote:Keeper Jon,

Cheers
Please email me at jonhook@gmail.com

I'll be happy to share it.
Thank you, appreciate it. :D