NecronomiCon Providence 2015

Discussion about podcast episodes
R.J. MacReady
Sponsor
Sponsor
NecronomiCon Providence 2015

Post by R.J. MacReady » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Finally an official announcement, and on Lovecraft's birthday! Looks like it will be even better than last year which is hard to fathom. Mark off your calendars as you do not want to miss the ultimate Lovecraft gathering in his natal city.

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f1a ... a422b7228a
Last edited by R.J. MacReady on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

― Werner Herzog

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: NecronomiCon Providence 2015

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Damn. It's hard for me to tell this far in advance, but it's not looking like I'll be able to attend next year. I'll just have to live vicariously through my friends that do go.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:12 am

It's on my radar like Gencon.

That's the most I can say right now since I attend 6 or more conventions in the Bay Area regularly.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Yes! I cleared it with the high priestess and I'm putting plans into motion already. I may try to get something into the art show, once details are up...

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Nvision wrote:Yes! I cleared it with the high priestess and I'm putting plans into motion already. I may try to get something into the art show, once details are up...
Good for you, bro. Bring a ton of stuff to sell, because you are going to go home with none of it left.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 am

I will do everything in my power to get there.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi! Yeah, I'm going to do my best to get there - the tempt of a great convention AND seeing historic Providence is a pretty overpowering temptation. Might have to break my 9 year Gencon streak in the daemon's bargain, but it sounds too great to miss. :)

Hopefully I can pull it off. :) Thanks for the heads up!

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

R.J. MacReady
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by R.J. MacReady » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:34 am

What was most impressive about NecronomiCon last year was a great unity between the Lovecraft community of scholars, writers, artists and RPG players - all there in appreciation for the man's enduring creations. Aside from all the amazing lectures, events, merchandise, art and many, many activities, the con had a really great vibe (and I'm not one to use that term loosely, if at all) and sense of camaraderie. Also pretty nice to to be able to walk 10-15 minutes from downtown to College Hill/Brown University area and be able to see so many haunts and places Lovecraft worked into his stories, such as The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, Call of Cthulhu, Haunter of the Dark, The Shunned House and others. NecronomiCon Providence is an unsurpassed and unique experience that is one pilgrimage every Lovecraft fan should make. I'm slightly biased.

Also everyone should experience stuffed quahogs or "stuffies" as the local delicacy unique to Rhode Island is known. I introduced them to Keeper Murf and Dr. Gerard last year and they were hooked.
Last edited by R.J. MacReady on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

― Werner Herzog

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Reanimating an old thread (using essential saltes) since things are starting to get rolling on the official site. Who's going? What are you planning on doing? Are you running/playing anything?
Last edited by Nvision on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gladius
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Gladius » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:03 am

I may be attending in association with a work-related project. I can't say more yet, but it could be cool. Either way we should organize a MUP meetup!