Useful Google+ Groups for Keepers

Discussion about podcast episodes
Canageek
Senior
Senior
Useful Google+ Groups for Keepers

Post by Canageek » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Thought I'd toss in a few links the podcast might be interested in, and thought the forums might be an easier way to link them, rather then voice calling.

1) Suppressed Transmissions. This has been mentioned on the podcast before (it was what finally gave me the boot to the rear to call in). This group is very specifically focused on real things that can give rise to adventures or campaigns. That said, we are pretty loose on the moderation. I'm one of three moderators, and aside from spam blocking I've only had to talk with someone once (over anti-Semitic content. Please don't post that.)

2) That's Gameable!: Very similar to Suppressed Transmissions, but with a broader focus. It will take anything useful for a game: Technological items, fiction, anything that you can write up a suggestion for how it would be useful in a game.

3) Source Material: Along the same lines as the last two. The least active of the three, but has a very, very impressive archive that is well-organized.

4) Gaming Props and Inspiration I was planning a group to be something along the lines for That's Gameable or Source Material, for pictures and links that were useful for RPGs, but not for inspiring adventures (say, an image of a cool house, or a news item on a new tech item useful for adventures), but given they exist I made instead a group for posting useful links to things you can use as props, maps, and so on. I mostly only post to it when I happen to come across a useful link, but feel free to drop by and post your own things.
Moderator of the Suppressed Transmissions board.
Plays GURPS, Call of Cthulhu and a few other things.