MUP 9- Roll SAN!

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP 9- Roll SAN!

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Episode 9 is jam-packed with segments and discussion. We have a new Lecture segment to premier, a Special Collections visit, voicemail, and discussion of the Sanity system. This show is Murph-less, but we have the company of a guest host, Player Cliff.

Our listener feedback is going to be pared down a little bit to make room for more content. We'll be reading to all your e-mails, but questions and audio feedback will be the main on-air type we include.

We got a great voicemail from Brian Courtemanche. It looks like he'll be at the NecronomiCon-Providence next year, and he'll send us info from the con.

In other MUP news, it looks like we're not getting into the podcast network we were hoping for. So, I'm looking for solutions for a bulletin board attached to this site.

We premier the first installment of the Miskatonic University History Department's Lecture Series, brought to you by MU professor Dr. Charles Gerard. This lecture covers the topic of Blood Rain.

There will be a page set up with details of the Lecture Series, in the History Department section under Gaming.

There is also a visit to the Special Collections vault to inspect the Cultes de Goules.
The Paris Catacombs are very real, and cover nearly all of the territory within the city. Here are a handful of links:
Les Catacombes de Paris
National Geographic
Photo Blog of the Catacombs
Urban Explorers visit the Catacombs

We have the roll-off to determine the winner of the Cthulhu by Gaslight contest! Here are the three contenders:

Murph's character- (with Cliff as proxy)
Ira Eugene Kelly, 1920's Occult bookstore owner, and paranormal fanboy.
Creator- Troels (“Gracehoper” on the YSDC forums)

Jon's Character-
Viktor Filnshkin, MU Medical Student, and heir to Russian nobility.
Creator- Ty Snouffer

Dan's character-
Lewis O'Neil, 1890's schoolboy with a big future ahead of him.
Creator- Tariq

The rolls were... Ira:49 Viktor:43 Lewis: 12
Meaning that the winner was Lewis O'Neil. Tariq has already been contacted, and the book will be sent out to him shortly!
The sheets will be added to the Publications page over the next week or so.

The main topic for the show was an examination of the Sanity rules for Call of Cthulhu.

This is the discussion thread for this podcast posted on the Yog-Sothoth forums.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MUP 9- Roll SAN!

Post by fox01313 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Going back in the archives to listen to this, this was quite a fun one to listen to but wondering whatever happened with the plans for the MUP group to run through some of the Trail games mentioned to get some time in on that system to have fun with it.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:26 pm

fox01313 wrote:Going back in the archives to listen to this, this was quite a fun one to listen to but wondering whatever happened with the plans for the MUP group to run through some of the Trail games mentioned to get some time in on that system to have fun with it.
Obviously we dropped this ball. I have Trail. I need to re-read the rules to see if I can finally get a grasp on how to run combat, sanity, and healing.

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 am

The Wives of March playthrough on Role Playing Public Radio helped me with some of Trail's rules & out of the 2-3 other Trail audio games I've listened to it's the best I've found so far.

http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradi ... ch-part-1/
http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradi ... ch-part-2/

Also good sites to look
http://www.yog-sothoth.com/topic/13395- ... d-casting/
http://www.yog-sothoth.com/topic/24950- ... ntry266816

going to the cheat sheet on Pelgrane's site
http://www.pelgranepress.com/trail/file ... _final.pdf

Glad they're using a d6 for this as the combat goes down to a 3+ to hit most objects but if this was using a d20 it'd be crazy.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

HannibalLectern
Freshman
Freshman

Post by HannibalLectern » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Do the character sheets from this contest still exist?

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Yeah, they do. I'm not able to get the download store rebuilt with the current server settings, but I'll supply a link here shortly for you.

And welcome to the forum!

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:16 am

Okay, here we go. This is all of the characters in one Zip file. It's 35.2MB, so it's probably not something you want to download on a phone data plan.
MUP_Cthulhu-by-Gaslight_Contest :science:

HannibalLectern
Freshman
Freshman

Post by HannibalLectern » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks Keeper Dan! I look forward to reading these!

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:47 am

There's some great stuff in there. Have fun!