MUP Special Report – ‘The Real Life Horror of Red Hook’

Discussion about podcast episodes
DadsAngry
Freshman
Freshman
Re: MUP Special Report – ‘The Real Life Horror of Red Hook’

Post by DadsAngry » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:24 pm

On Price's latest episode of "The Lovecraft Geek" (episode 26) he makes a passing comment that he will no longer be attending Necronomicon. He gives the reason for his decision, which he refers to as just one of them, is his inability to keep up with the influx of new critics and Lovecraft inspired material. He feels he's no longer and expert in the field and also called out to his audience for someone else to take over the podcast. Starting at 12:50 of Episode 26.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:31 pm

DadsAngry wrote:On Price's latest episode of "The Lovecraft Geek" (episode 26) he makes a passing comment that he will no longer be attending Necronomicon. He gives the reason for his decision, which he refers to as just one of them, is his inability to keep up with the influx of new critics and Lovecraft inspired material. He feels he's no longer and expert in the field and also called out to his audience for someone else to take over the podcast. Starting at 12:50 of Episode 26.
Ah, interesting. Will give a listen. Reaction to his 2015 comments have to be a big factor, and it's odd he wouldn't mention the incident, though not completely surprising.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks very much to everyone for your comments. Stu, I could not agree more about the need for diverse perspectives on this. In fact I tried, though not exhaustively, and this ate up some of the initial delay time. Some people I talked to declined the invite for quite reasonable reasons. But the difficulty in this search only reveals a need for greater representation, in the writer pool, in the gaming spaces and in the realm of gaming podcasts. As a result of putting this episode together, there has been an overall increase in awareness about race and inclusion issues on the host side. And it has been said that we should not be reserving the topic of diversity for only special reports and reactions to big events like this one. Better to weave it into overall coverage, to slowly shift and challenge our own perspective, and to expand representation when there is an opportunity to do so.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers