MUP 115 - A New Year Full Crew Crier

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP 115 - A New Year Full Crew Crier

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:59 pm

In this first MUP episode of 2017, we have all four members of the crew in to go over the news that's happened since last time, as well as to put down some gaming resolutions for this year! This episode was recorded on January 9, 2017.

Campus Crier

Professor Grownup: Cthulhu Album For Kids
Support the creation of a full-length children's album based on the works of 1920s horror and science fiction writer H.P. Lovecraft.
$4,000+ pledged of $10,000 goal
2 days to go (from this posting)

The Star on the Shore - A Call of Cthulhu RPG Module
The Star on the Shore is a Call of Cthulhu sandbox style adventure module for the classic 1920s era adventure, licensed by Chaosium.
$16,000+ pledged of $4,000 goal
16 days to go (from this posting)

Cyanide's Call of Cthulhu teases eerie new screens
The locals and locales of Darkwater Island.

Miskatonic River Press' CoC titles have been acquired by Stygian Fox, making these MRP books available into the future, updated and reformatted.
"From today, Stygian Fox will be the owner of New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley, More Tales of the Miskatonic Valley, Our Ladies of Sorrow, and Tales of the Sleepless City. We intend to update them to 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules, add new art, make them colour, and release them in PDF, softcover, and hardcover formats over the next year."
Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition has come to Fantasy Grounds, the popular virtual tabletop where you can play your favorite RPGs with your friends online!

Harlem Unbound, a Cthulhu roleplaying game sourcebook
RPG sourcebook set in 1920s NYC, the Harlem Renaissance, delving into Mythos mysteries for either Call of Cthulhu or Gumshoe system. Chris Spivey, Darker Hue Studios
The campaign ended with $38,698 pledged of $5,000 goal. Congratulations Chris!

[url=http://href=]Swords Against Cthulhu By Rogue Planet Press[/url]
Price: $6.16
[url=http://href=]Swords against Cthulhu[/url], an anthology of sword and sorcery/Cthulhu Mythos crossovers. Mighty thewed barbarians battle alien wizardry and cosmic terror in a blind, unreasoning universe where only the strong survive.

Video review of Sans-Detour Edition of Goodman Games’ Age of Cthulhu #6, #7, #8, and a couple of smaller adventures. The material in the book was written by Jon Hook and Branden LaSalle.

Cold War Cthulhu Kickstarter has shipped!
It is also available for PreOrder on the Cubicle 7 website.

Chaosium makes the call for convention scenarios!
Call of Cthulhu is in massive demand at gaming conventions and we seek more scenarios to offer at these events to meet that demand.
Cult of Chaos Convention Scenario Competition 2017

Each year Chaosium is attending more and more conventions and Call of Cthulhu convention games have never been more popular. To help meet the demand for good Call of Cthulhu games we are launching the Cult of Chaos Convention Scenario Competition 2017.

We are looking for engaging and dramatic convention scenarios dreamt up by the mind of the Cult of Chaos. This is your opportunity to share your experience and writing skills, and get your scenario played around the world as official Chaosium convention games.

What are we looking for?
We are seeking pitches for writing a full Call of Cthulhu 7th edition convention scenario with a running time of 3.5 to 4 hours maximum, playable by up to 6 players. Ideally, scenarios should be set in the 1920s, 1930s, or modern day, but we are happy to see other time periods too. Pre-generated investigators should also be included with the scenario. Length wise, each scenario should plan on approximately 8,000-12,000 words maximum.
The deadline for submitting pitches is February 3rd, 2017.

What do the selected pitches get?
First, after submitting the full scenario you get the credit for writing an official Chaosium convention scenario. Second, your scenario would be eligible to be part of a professionally published Call of Cthulhu book or PDF, if selected the author will be offered a standard publishing contract.Third, each pitch that becomes a fully written scenario submitted to Chaosium will receive a $40 voucher for the Chaosium webstore.

The deadline for submitting full scenarios is April 28th, 2017.

What do you need to do?
Write a short (no more than 300 words) pitch and post it to the Cult of Chaos forum at BRP Central. The pitch should outline the scenario, describe the nature of the mystery and/or threat, and how the investigators become involved (whether it starts in media res or more traditionally). Do not consider the pitch to be a spoiler-free zone. In judging these scenarios, we need to know what actually occurs during the scenario from the GMs perspective.

What happens next?
Chaosium will review the pitches and then draw up a short list of the pitches we’d like to see developed into full convention scenarios. Chaosium will contact shortlisted authors to invite them to write up their pitches.

Once written and submitted to Chaosium, we will review the final scenarios and pick which ones will become official Chaosium convention scenarios for future events. Non-winning shortlisted scenarios will made available via the Chaos Library to Cult of Chaos members for general use.

Arkham Gazette#1 is available for sale.
This is a reworking of our 2013 version; many of the articles have been revised and expanded and there are three additional articles. All told, this version of issue #1 is about 50% longer than the original. The focus of this issue is the legendary city of Arkham itself, home of Miskatonic University. 8$ for PDF 13$ for print. And print gets you free PDF

Scenario Creation - Call of Cthulhu RPG Game Masters Forum (Mason, Sanderson and Rios)

NonHumanUser has been a busy person/entity. His/Her/Its website nonhumanuser.com has been gaining a lot more content since we first mentioned it a while back.
Here is the Campus Forum topic on the site to talk to NonHumanUser about it.

Listener Feedback!-

Voicemail from Ritterton, back on December 10:
Hey good afternoon from the far reaches of the Pacific Northwest just wanted to call and say the Invictus discussion with oscar was just awesome. I have been really enjoying that reading that rule said I picked up a while back, and then clean it online that play by host or play by email man. It's been a really good thing there ended up with the two campaigns from Osprey since it was mentioned. Thanks, and my son ended up with the pathfinder strange eons cuz you know it's for the kids. So you just have to make that happen, right? So that's the ctHulhu you know damage done to my wallet with a sanity damage will come. I'm sure at a later date. Go Pods.
Sorry about that that northwest screening as for me Ritterton. I forgot to mention. My name it must have been the excitement of the new books. Take care go Pods.

Discussion Topic -

The Hosts give their 2017 Gaming Resolutions!

Chad- Write on the projects that are lined up for publication.

Jon- Do more writing. Try to produce more work than I had previously done in a calendar year. And, I want to try and get to Gary Con this year.

Murf- Play more. Record more stuff. Get to NecronomiCon.

Dan- Pick up the MAPS game with chapter 3. Get to NecronomiCon. Continue in my biweekly game.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Graham
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MUP 115 - A New Year Full Crew Crier

Post by Graham » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:22 am

What, no card catalog...?

That aside, wonderful news about the Miskatonic River Press material. It makes one wish that someone would do the same with the Triad Games scenarios from the 1990s.
"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad, you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

Ritterton
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Ritterton » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:48 am

Great episode and really enjoyed all of the information, but more importantly the fact that everyone was in this episode!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Ritterton wrote:Great episode and really enjoyed all of the information, but more importantly the fact that everyone was in this episode!
Ah, nice to hear Mr. Ritterton! Was good for us to finally convene all together too.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Graham wrote:What, no card catalog...?

That aside, wonderful news about the Miskatonic River Press material. It makes one wish that someone would do the same with the Triad Games scenarios from the 1990s.
Yeah, we'll get back to the catalog soon. This show was put together quickly and we just wanted to get the ball rolling again. Interesting news about MRP for sure.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers