MU Podcast 026 - Borrowing Walmsley

Discussion about podcast episodes
Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MU Podcast 026 - Borrowing Walmsley

Post by Howard » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:35 am

Keeper Jon wrote:Goddamnit, where's Murf? I'm sure he'd have some fucking colorful language on this shit.
:lol:

Good Show fellas. I always enjoy the interviews. At the beginning, I think it was Keeper Dan who mentioned a future show topic on "How To" Skype a game or put together a podcast, what equipment etc. I would like to add how gaming etiquette on Skype should discussed. Besides the unwanted sounds you could be unknowingly making, besides not using a headset, besides bad language, I'm referring to when players talk when they don't need to. It's different than table gaming. Adding a quick "joke/pun/zinger" comment, or your every thought, to everything that is said just takes the mood/tone/setting out of what the keeper is trying to create for the listener. There are times when to speak(most players already know this courtesy), when it's your characters turn, group discussion, saying your die roll result. I know this sounds like complaining, but it's production quality control.

KeeperMurph
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by KeeperMurph » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Paul Fricker wrote:
Dr. Gerard wrote:Yeah, and 'shit' is not even a swear word in England.
Nope, shit is a swearword here in England. Damn isn't though, but it appears to be taken as such in parts of the US?

On of the things I noticed while out at Gencon last year (for the first time) was how little the Americans swore at the gaming table. I got the impression that Americans were more circumspect in their use of language when in social situations, especially with people they don't know. I've not problem with that, in fact I found everyone to be really nice and friendly. Just an observation.

Paul F.
Oddly enough Americans are very prudish around strangers, but once they get to know each other the obscenities will fly. And it might come from the most unlikely sources. I have a good friend that is a full time Baptist minister and he will carpet bomb the "fuck" word to no end.

But regardless, the show needs to keep a slightly more tame appearance for a number of reasons. But as I have always said live plays and interviews should be presented in the manner the guests are comfortable speaking, no editing in other words.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Great podcast as always!

I love how Graham got the idea for the side notes in Stealing Cthulhu from The Dresden Files RPG book. I never correlated the two similarities before.

You mentioned that the show was short? I think the length was perfect!
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, it was short-er... We shoot for around the 2 hour mark, and this fell into the 1:30 area. That's why I added the little treat at the end. ;)
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast