MUP Live Play- Life After Death

Discussion about podcast episodes
Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
MUP Live Play- Life After Death

Post by Keeper Dan » Sun May 05, 2013 12:49 pm

ImageMU Podcast is proud to present the first ever recorded session featuring author Oscar Rios!
This game took place at a College of Staten Island Gaming Club Event. April 25th, 2013
The Players Featured are:
Joseph Potenza -as Ramanii Randeed
Mike Miley - as Kevin Meep
Regina Mireau - as Whozarrii
Andrew Fattorusso - as Brakkis
Marty Bear - as Lukenu

Sean Foster - Assisting
and
Oscar Rios - Author and Keeper.

The origins of this scenario, as written by Oscar:
"Life After Death was written to be a part of a Chaosium Project that never took shape, a sequel to Singers of Strange Songs. It's sat on my computer since 2005 (I think). It is currently unpublished and there are no plans for the scenario's future (which means anything is possible)."
Live Play episodes are not edited for content. Adult discretion is advised.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

Thomas R. Knutsson
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: MUP Live Play- Life After Death

Post by Thomas R. Knutsson » Wed May 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Finished listening to it today. It was a fun liveplay set at an unusual location with an unusual set of characters. I'm not gonna go into more details than that, in case not all have had time to listen to it yet, but I'd love to GM this scenario for a group of players, if it ever gets published in some form.
In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan.
-"The Strange High House in the Mist" by HPL

WiseWolf
Associate Professor

Post by WiseWolf » Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

I think now that Oscar has its own company, more likely we will see it published at some point. Hopefully.

Whakahoa
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Whakahoa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:30 am

What I love about this particular scenario is that it has a level of intimacy that a lot of the AP's I listen to tend to lack. I'm not sure whether it was the well woven character stories, the players or the setting (probably all three) but I felt a little more part of this game.

It also gives a good chance for plenty of spin-offs. Maybe the Ghouls hit Manhattan?

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Finally got around to listening to it & while it starts off in quite a darker way than I was expecting, the group did a great job of playing with it & it turned out rather well. Shows how good Oscar is at improvising as some of the stuff I couldn't have predicted happening & could see this getting into some published piece by Oscar later on or thrown in some New York adventure book as it seems quite a capable scenario, just a bit short to go on it's own book.
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Graham
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Graham » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:26 am

I've just finished listening to this. Great inter-character dynamics. I think that the scene at 02:51:56 - 02:52:16 deserves to be illustrated, preferably in the style of a 1970's Rock Album cover, it just has that vibe.
"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad, you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

flashbackjuice
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by flashbackjuice » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:14 am

Just finished this: I was completely blown away. Reversing the traditional roles of the players was a stroke of genius, and the players just ran with it far into the hills! The players' plans came together so well that I was clapping at the part where the boss meets his fate!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm

I may need to listen to this one again. From what I recall it wasn't completed by the group, correct?
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/