MUP Live Play- MAPS – The Inheritor

Discussion about podcast episodes
Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Re: MUP Live Play- MAPS – The Inheritor

Post by Howard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:43 am

KeeperMurph wrote:I definitely went a little awry with that. Dan handled it just fine by me, however, as most of the fault with that lay squarely at my feet.
Hugh handled it well by taking the opportunity as a diversion and retrieving the records. My thoughts were like Chad's, run, we're all going to jail. Because Hugh stayed calm, I believe everyone could adjust.

I don't blame the M.A.P.S. angle on why there was an Anarchist in the group. This is common in every rpg, characters are created individually, players add physical or personality quirks and flaws. Sometimes you see what everyone is playing and know right there this could go off the rails at any time. A couple young kids(20s)in my group always play(example)the one-eyed ninja with a warhammer and a high voice. Practical is boring to some people. All I know is non-practical is not boring....cheers to you all for this one.

Chad's theater guy was awesome, the Freud stuff, the costume characters were awesome, Murph's Anarchist rants in the straight jacket, the elitist car, the queer shots were all great, and Hugh's dilettante was throwing cash at the problem like only they can.

Oh yeah, good to finally hear ya run one Dan, I don't think you went easy on them, you have a pleasant disposition about your style that I think topped it all off. Looking forward to more.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:33 am

Yeah, after you listen to the conclusion of this scenario, tell me Dan is a big softie again. Spoiler alert: he isn't.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:10 pm

I haven't listened yet, but in the first episode, he was playing that quirky kid(the one who witnessed his mother mauled to death by the family dog)pretty well.....too well. :zombie1:

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Note: I just listened to the session for the first time since playing it -- it reminded me that we actually had a huge lot of fun with the all the weird curveballs and antics.
Plays for Keepers

Scriven
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Scriven » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Dr. Gerard, did I detect a "Little Britain" reference early in the session? "Look into my eyes into my eyes not around the eyes ...." :)

I listened to this on headphones while walking my dog around the neighborhood. I'm pretty sure the locals were put off by what could only have been perceived as some strange guy guffawing at nothing in particular while picking up dog poop.
AKA Professor Max von Schiller of the Miskatonic Area Paranormal Society (MAPS)
AKA George Finch of the Secret Everest Expedition
"Let's see if someone tries to kill us and work backwards" -- Dr. Who

Howard
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by Howard » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:28 am

Another good show fellas. Some creepy goings-on, especially with that "Rotten-Headed-Mental Hospital-escapey". I wonder what would have happened had the Anarchist had made his grapple check when the crazy ran by. Looking forward to the next Maps Episode.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Scriven wrote:Dr. Gerard, did I detect a "Little Britain" reference early in the session? "Look into my eyes into my eyes not around the eyes ...." :)

I listened to this on headphones while walking my dog around the neighborhood. I'm pretty sure the locals were put off by what could only have been perceived as some strange guy guffawing at nothing in particular while picking up dog poop.
Yrs. :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
Plays for Keepers

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Guys, I just wanted to say that the combination of Dr. Barnaby, Fenton, and Samuel has provided some of the most amusing roleplaying I've had the pleasure to listen to. Well done!

Kudos to Dan for somehow managing to keep things on track. :)

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Thank you very much!
I really love GMing, so this was a real blast for me. I was hoping that they would have taken the bait to go to the part of the story with Navet, but oh, well.
Unlike our other games, mine will be a continuous story, so the MAPS games I run in the future will be in the same continuity. I have the next steps lined up, we just have lots of other stuff planned before I can run mine.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

jpowell
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jpowell » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:27 pm

This was a real blast. Loved Murph's character. And the ending was rather fitting.

Hope to hear more MUP liveplays soon!