MU Podcast 034 -- Describing the Indescribable

Discussion about podcast episodes
Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor
Re: MU Podcast 034 -- Describing the Indescribable

Post by Dr. Gerard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Oh, how I know that feeling. I believe, almost to a superstitious level, that ideas float around in the ethers and often attach to multiple hosts at the same time. It's not entirely mystical. We are all subject to inspiration from headlines or pop culture that we encounter as a society. Sometimes the origins are obvious, like multiple asteroid movies coming out two years after a near miss in space. But most times we can't track our inspiration exactly. Thus, when a good idea occurs to you, there's a ripeness to it. Harvest as soon as you find it in season!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

3rik
Freshman
Freshman

Post by 3rik » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 pm

When I picked up the Terra Primate RPG I ran a one-shot that was suspiciously similar to the Rise of the Planet of the Apes film, which hadn't even been announced yet... except, I also picked up All Flesh Must Be Eaten and therefore there were zombies in my version. :lol:
RPGbericht(Dutch)

Cthuhugh
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Cthuhugh » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 pm

This!
Dr. Gerard wrote:Scott, is there perhaps a scenario-orgraphy of your work posted somewhere in the world? After running Fairyland a couple of times, I want to hunt down your other terrible worlds.

And: any plans for more scenarios using Cthulhu Dark?
It’s cool to see more Cthulhu Dark scenarios-they seem to be as rare as hens teeth at present. Wonderful podcast as always.

*edit*
Scenario Bought! I'd be interested in hearing how your sessions of Fairyland went Chad.I've just finished reading it,very cool plot.
Steve Highfield in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario. Fenton Beanland in the Call of Cthulhu "The Inheritor " scenario.