Interview-Scott Dorward of Cubicle 7 on World War Cthulhu

Discussion about podcast episodes
fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student
Interview-Scott Dorward of Cubicle 7 on World War Cthulhu

Post by fox01313 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere on the site (or right before or after the interview ) but after getting to this interview, I was wondering a out the following question that I think that there might be a lot of demand for. Has there been any talk yet about doing other time periods beyond WWI & WWII once those initial books are out?

There might not be a big demand for other wars enough to fill a full book but I'd personally love to see something similar to the Chaosium book Strange Aeons 2, where there might be a short amount of history & a single scenario for other wars in different times as the mythos connects with those wars (i.e. a scenario for the American revolutionary war, the French-Indian war, the Hundred Years war, Napoleon campaign through Europe, Alexander the Great, etc.).
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior
Re: Interview-Scott Dorward of Cubicle 7 on World War Cthulh

Post by Scott Dorward » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:10 pm

We definitely have other periods planned for the World War Cthulhu line, but they're not quite ready enough for me to discuss yet. The focus for the next year is going to be World War 2, and then we'll branch out.

I really like the idea of having scenarios set in different conflicts throughout history! We'll be releasing some standalone PDF adventures, and I may try such a thing to test the water.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:05 am

Scott, isn't it Cubicle7 doing the Colonial Cthulhu, or am I misremembering again?
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:40 am

Keeper Dan wrote:Scott, isn't it Cubicle7 doing the Colonial Cthulhu, or am I misremembering again?
You're thinking of Sixteystone Pess.
Not a hack!

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:29 pm

EddyPo wrote:
Keeper Dan wrote:Scott, isn't it Cubicle7 doing the Colonial Cthulhu, or am I misremembering again?
You're thinking of Sixteystone Pess.
EddyPo is quite correct.

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan

Post by Keeper Dan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:02 am

Ah. It gets confusing with all the licensees out there.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:11 am

Aye, been pacing around here mentally for the Sixtystone Colonial book to come out as it seems fun & it's one setting I've barely seen anything set in that time so I for one would love it. Especially after being disappointed with the colonial set video game of Assassin's Creed (like the setting but couldn't handle the writing).
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:51 am

I completed the playtest as a player for the Colonial COC scenarios. We are taking the break but if the campaign is run it will be me. That said, I believe the playtesting is ending in a few months. Maybe they'll do a Kickstarter?
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Scott Dorward
Senior
Senior

Post by Scott Dorward » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Europe Ablaze, the book of World War Cthulhu scenarios we discussed in the interview, is now available for pre-order! While the physical book won't be out until September, you will get the PDF straight away. Or you can just buy the PDF if that's your preference.

This is the first book that I've developed for Cubicle 7 to find its way into print, and if I were any more excited I would rupture something. I'm delighted with the way this book has turned out. It contains scenarios from C7 stalwarts Nick Robinson and Walt Ciechanowski, Call of Cthulhu regulars Paul Fricker and Matthew Sanderson, as well as newcomer Andy Nicholson and one from me. The art is by Scott Purdy and Jon Hodgson, who have done some beautiful and evocative work, and the layout is by Paul Bourne, who I will never tire of saying good things about.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:24 am

Excellent! Can't wait to see this!
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers