Miskatonic University Podcast 15- Sweet Dreams

Discussion about podcast episodes
Zombieneighbours
Sophmore
Sophmore
Re: Miskatonic University Podcast 15- Sweet Dreams

Post by Zombieneighbours » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Dr. Gerard wrote:
Zombieneighbours wrote:I am giving very serious thought to putting something a little more polished together for the next episode, if people are interested.
Consider this to be one big vote for you to do more reviews.

Any chance I could cajole you into recording a couple of minutes out at Betty Potter's Dip?
As far as other recorded reviews goes, I am thinking about it. Though I will have to get over my hatred of my own voice first.

With regards to the recording for the history lecture, send me an email(my user name at google mail dot com), or PM me here. We can talk over the script and i can talk you through some of the slight technical difficulties we might face on such a recording.

Dr. Gerard wrote:
Dr. Zombieneighbours wrote:
Dr. Gerard wrote:Someone recently published (or is working on) a game book that sets out to prove how creepy and horrific the Dreamalands are...was it Dennis Detwiller? I heard an interview on maybe Unspeakable or YSDC about it.
Yes it was Detwiller. The project is The Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man, and yes, the stated aim is to make the dreamlands creepy again. The guys talk about it a bit in the main lecture. I am sure you'll all be unsurprised to discover that I am a backer.
Excellent, thanks. I'll have to grab a copy of that.
I believe that their will be physicial copies going into distribution, and PDF almost certainly should be available from arc dream.

Cthuhugh
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Cthuhugh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:01 am

Another very enjoyable episode guys,great to hear "Doc" is part of the podcast team,anyone who can pronounce all that
fhthgn gibberish should get a guernsey.The dreamlands is yet another piece of the Lovecraft universe I'm hearing about for the first time in detail from the podcast.Some of the names are familiar to me from the Arkham Horror board game.
Steve Highfield in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario. Fenton Beanland in the Call of Cthulhu "The Inheritor " scenario.

fox01313
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fox01313 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 pm

As someone who has seen a lot of sleepy horror movies over many years (Nightmare on Elm Street or Dreamscape pop to mind as well as a season3? season finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) which all blended the dream & waking world quite well, so the idea that was brought up about waking up in a bed to get to the Dreamlands for me makes the most sense out of all the choices presented.

The other good thing is too you can have the person in the dream but have the dream world mimic real life until they open the door & exit the room, though you have some great story potential with one or more of the characters as they all could be dreaming, in some hallucination, suffering some kind of memory loss, maybe some great old one wants a new cultist & this is how they're getting things started or whatnot. All they have to do is shut their eyes just for a moment then use that as a scene change. Until the person talks to another player to confirm that they were asleep they could be doing all kinds of crazy things to try to find out which reality is the right one & which is the dream.

Now I just have to find a way to trigger the lucid dreaming for myself to get up to the moon where all the cats are hiding out :cat1: .
"That's funny, usually the blood gets off on the second floor." -Mr. Burns in The Shinning episode (Treehouse of horror V)