Good Delta Green Scenarios?

Where new Keepers can ask "stupid" questions without fear of hazing.
DavFlamerock
Freshman
Freshman
Good Delta Green Scenarios?

Post by DavFlamerock » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:37 pm

For a long time I've been on and off the fence about Delta Green, as while I prefer modern Cthulhu to other eras, the whole conspiracy-aspect of the game doesn't appeal to me (it does feel very '90s, though). However, at the end of the day I figure there's no reason I can't cut the parts I don't like and/or customize them, and I know there are plenty of good & well-written DG scenarios out there that deserve to be checked out simply for the sake of being good modern Cthulhu scenarios. So hit me up! Which ones are the good ones, and what publications are they in! (If you know good non-DG modern Cthulhu, that's also welcome; I'm trying to get a little reference collection of scenarios built up :P)

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior
Re: Good Delta Green Scenarios?

Post by PirateLawyer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Both Delta Green and Delta Green: Countdown have excellent scenarios within their massive page counts. My favorite scenario of all time is Convergence from the former book; my players really liked Dead Letter in the latter.

The Unspeakable Oath magazine has several excellent DG scenarios in various issues; my favorite is See No Evil in TUO 17/18.

Delta Green: Eyes Only has several good scenarios as well.

Denis Detwiller's site has several free DG scenarios on it too.

The Fairfield Project is the best one-stop resource for a complete list of scenarios, including many shotgun scenario contest entries. Some of them are particularly good; some have been published in the Oath.

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:49 am

I unfortunately have never played a DG book, although I have read through many of them, as well as the scenarios. I would also recommend looking at PX Poker Night. Its more of a 1-shot IMO, but sets the mood nicely.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:40 am

trevlix wrote:I would also recommend looking at PX Poker Night. Its more of a 1-shot IMO, but sets the mood nicely.
PX Poker Night is one of the scenarios freely available on the author's website I mentioned in my reply above.