Miniature Kickstarter and Hello!

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Adrienne
Freshman
Freshman
Miniature Kickstarter and Hello!

Post by Adrienne » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey guys! I've been a long time listener to the Podcast, and a long-time tabletop RPG nerd. I've been playing D&D since the mid 90's, and recently (about two years ago) began running CoC for my group of friends. I love listening to the Actual Plays and like the podcast to keep up with what's happening in the CoC sphere.

Anyway, I am writing to let you all know about the Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter. Now I know you're thinking that Reaper mostly does Fantasy minis, and you're right. BUT! In this Kickstarter they've embraced the Mythos and they have a Shubniggurath as a $10 option. When she hits retail she will be much more than that, so it's a great deal. They are also working on unlocking a Mythos add-on for $50 that will have: a Dark Young (spawn of Shubniggurath), 5 cultists and a sacrificial altar, 4 Deep Ones, a Grave Wailer, 2 Mi-go, a Gug, and a 70mm tall shrine to C’thulhu based off H.P. Lovecraft’s original C’thulhu sketches, and then one more grouping of unlocks! I know that with CoC there's not a TON of miniature based combat, but It's really fun to have them on a shelf also.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... ts/1298469 There is the post with the images of the miniatures. The kickstarter only has 6 days to go, so check it out if you're interested. Free shipping to the US, $1 for handling plus whatever add-ons you'd like. Reaper is an amazing company with the best customer service I've ever dealt with. (For example, the distributer accidentally put the wrong mini in the pack in the last KS of theirs, and two left arms on another. I emailed Reaper and they sent the correct mini and the replacement mini with corrected arms, no complaining or run around at all! They've always been super nice every time I've talked with them.)

Go check them out! See the beautifully maddening miniatures. And have a R'lyeh great day!

Keeper Dan
Daemon Sultan
Daemon Sultan
Re: Miniature Kickstarter and Hello!

Post by Keeper Dan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:18 pm

If they didn't do this right before GenCon, I'd be all over this.
As it is, I'm short of what I thought I'd have, so I'll have to settle for getting some of their Mythos stuff at normal retail later.
Keeper Dan of the Miskatonic University Podcast