Cthulhu Dark Modifications

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
zombielord
Freshman
Freshman
Cthulhu Dark Modifications

Post by zombielord » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:57 pm

I have been given permission from the authors to distribute a set of Cthulhu Dark rules including modifications that are hopefully useful to those who want to use or write scenarios using that system.

I present here the rules set for Cthulhu Dark + Dark Modifications. Graham has graciously allowed inclusion of his rules with the Dark Modifcations.
Please feel free to use the rules and provide feedback. Future scenerios are being developed using this ruleset.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ezl1rocyk0w6 ... s.pdf?dl=0

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Cthulhu Dark Modifications

Post by EddyPo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:09 pm

These look great! Thanks for sharing.
Not a hack!

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Hell yes! These look great - I will definitely try them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:58 am

Nice! I run Cthulu Dark quite often, and have used a modified health system for conflict between human characters (either PCs or NPCs), as well as natural mishaps. I often have PvP elements in my games and this has proven quite helpful.

I have player use a health die (or just write it down), which starts at 6. When there is conflict between characters they do an opposed role as normal but the character with the higher role then rolls a d6 again for the severity of the damage. That number is subtracted from the opposing characters health die. If the number would ever drop below 1 the character dies. However, a character suffering a mortal wound may roll their insanity die to struggle through the pain. If their role is higher than their current insanity level then they use force of will to suppress their injuries and keep their health at 1, though the effort does cost them mentally and their insanity dice increases by 1.

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:36 pm

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I think Cthulhu Dark is a crackerjack game.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers