Delta Green Kickstarter Survey

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: Delta Green Kickstarter Survey

Post by Nvision » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Again, this one is incredibly tempting, even at the PDF level...however, when I see how often I get to play these days I glance at my shelf I wonder if I really need more books that don't get to the table. I'll probably jump in towards the end, just to have some awesome reading material and gaming potential.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:51 pm

PirateLawyer wrote:
Shannon Mac wrote:I had mixed feelings with the fictional DG KS experience and the mechanics are similar enough to 7E CoC to make it confusing if I try to run both.

So I'm out for this one. :|
Well, that's your loss. I think the new rules are great and even if they weren't, the true strength of DG is the setting, which can be used any number of ways independently of the rules.
No, it's really not, Pirate. It's their job to convince me and they failed to do so. I was in the playtest for DG and found it to be a watered down version of 7E CoC with different rules so that they don't have to pay the license. I'm okay with Arc Dream steering clear of paying Chaosium but I don't want to play with two mechanics that are incredibly similar yet different on some important nuances.

And I already have DG's previous materials so I would agree that their setting is quite strong.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Shannon Mac wrote:I was in the playtest for DG and found it to be a watered down version of 7E CoC with different rules so that they don't have to pay the license. I'm okay with Arc Dream steering clear of paying Chaosium but I don't want to play with two mechanics that are incredibly similar yet different on some important nuances.

And I already have DG's previous materials so I would agree that their setting is quite strong.
I think saying that DG's new rules are a watered down variant of 7E CoC is uncharitable at best, and pretty misleading at worst. The new rules implement some of the best features of Unknown Armies and provide mechanics to support the best features and flavours of the setting.

That being said, if you think owning the new DG stuff will negatively affect how well you can play 7E CoC, then by all means you are making a very defensible choice to pass on the new DG stuff.

My last .02 on this.

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Update #5 has posted quite a few useful pieces of information, including a comprehensive and clear pledge rewards table. It's also at The Unspeakable Oath and the official Delta Green site.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:13 am

PirateLawyer wrote:
Shannon Mac wrote:I was in the playtest for DG and found it to be a watered down version of 7E CoC with different rules so that they don't have to pay the license. I'm okay with Arc Dream steering clear of paying Chaosium but I don't want to play with two mechanics that are incredibly similar yet different on some important nuances.

I think saying that DG's new rules are a watered down variant of 7E CoC is uncharitable at best, and pretty misleading at worst. The new rules implement some of the best features of Unknown Armies and provide mechanics to support the best features and flavours of the setting.

That being said, if you think owning the new DG stuff will negatively affect how well you can play 7E CoC, then by all means you are making a very defensible choice to pass on the new DG stuff.

My last .02 on this.
I have 6 friends backing this KS and another doing some work for the KS. I'm sure I'll play it several times. I am merely explaining why it isn't on my A list since you told me it was my loss. ;)

Based on the current numbers I'm sure it will do well enough so I don't think Shane is going to unfriend me on FB or set my place on fire when he reads my minority opinion. :o
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Nvision wrote:Again, this one is incredibly tempting, even at the PDF level...however, when I see how often I get to play these days I glance at my shelf I wonder if I really need more books that don't get to the table. I'll probably jump in towards the end, just to have some awesome reading material and gaming potential.
As of this morning the shipping rates to Canada have actually become very very reasonable. A veritable miracle!

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:25 pm

Three days left in the DG kickstarter. The crowdfunding campaign is about to green light another 256-page sourcebook (a big one about MJ-12) once the total pledged reaches 260K. So the digital pledge levels are a great bargain at this stage.

EDIT: that book is a go and the final goal is 300K for a book about PISCES and the UK's fight against the Mythos. So, even more bang for the buck.

FINAL EDIT: a dozen hours left and 8.5K to raise for FALLING TOWERS.

Look at what you can get over at the Delta Green website.

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:58 am

With 10 hours to spare, all stretch goals have been reached.