Delta Green Kickstarter Survey

Where students and faculty can talk about whatever they like.
PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior
Delta Green Kickstarter Survey

Post by PirateLawyer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:41 pm

It's imminent. They have a survey looking at stretch goals, so go vote if you've any interest in the new game. There are a lot of interesting books being proposed.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: Delta Green Kickstarter Survey

Post by EddyPo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:09 pm

I really like the idea of a book for Shotgun Scenarios.
Not a hack!

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm

EddyPo wrote:I really like the idea of a book for Shotgun Scenarios.
It is a nice idea, but you know, it's my least favourite of the lot because the others are all brand new stuff, which inherently excites me more.

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:16 pm

The kickstarter is live!

And they've raised half of their funding goal in an hour. My wallet is going to hate me. ;)

EDIT: initial goal met by lunch time, yawn. On to the stretch goals. At this rate the digital pledge level for ALL of the books once the stretch goals are met is going to be an insane value.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Pledged! I've been looking forward to the new DGRPG for a long time.
Not a hack!

R.J. MacReady
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by R.J. MacReady » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm going to pledge something, but the backer levels and stretch goals are a mess. Many are having a difficult time trying to figure it out. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed as to how this KS is being structured as it's very confusing. Seeing as though they have already funded and then some, hopefully they will go back and clear things up.

That being said I'm positive it will be a top notch product(s) for sure. I've been looking forward to it for some time, but I just wish I had a clearer idea of what the different pledge levels will get me. Gee, thanks Oscar and the Golden Goblin Press crew for spoiling all of us with running near flawless Kickstarters - you've set the bar too damn high and spoiled us ;)
“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

― Werner Herzog

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 pm

R.J. MacReady wrote:I'm going to pledge something, but the backer levels and stretch goals are a mess. Many are having a difficult time trying to figure it out. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed as to how this KS is being structured; very confusing.

That being said I'm positive it will be a top notch product(s) for sure. I've been looking forward to it for some time, but I just wish I had a clearer idea of what the different pledge levels will get me.
Whilst I certainly can't argue that the stretch goal stuff interacts a bit confusingly with the pledge levels, it's not THAT complicated.

A big tipping point is if Arc Dream raises at least $120K. If so, they will print the Case Officer's Book, which is an expanded Agents' Handbook. You can then add $20 if you're pledging for a physical copy of the book, and get a print copy of the bigger book (or just get the CO in PDF).

At this point it definitely seems as if the consumer base has a lot of incentives to collectively step up and pledge because it will add a lot of value if you're willing to pledge at least $100 for the "get everything in digital format" level.

If I had one piece of advice for Arc Dream right now, it would be to post a clarifying update for those who can't parse the pledge levels. Putting up a schedule of stretch goals would be nice too.

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:57 am

Dennis Detwiller recently posted a pledge matrix document link on the Kickstarter page. That should clear things up for anyone undecided on various issues.

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am

I had mixed feelings with the fictional DG KS experience and the mechanics are similar enough to 7E CoC to make it confusing if I try to run both.

So I'm out for this one. :|
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior

Post by PirateLawyer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Shannon Mac wrote:I had mixed feelings with the fictional DG KS experience and the mechanics are similar enough to 7E CoC to make it confusing if I try to run both.

So I'm out for this one. :|
Well, that's your loss. I think the new rules are great and even if they weren't, the true strength of DG is the setting, which can be used any number of ways independently of the rules.