"New To Cthulhu" Game

A place for games to be managed and run, as well as looking for people to play with online.
Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree
Re: "New To Cthulhu" Game

Post by Nvision » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Heh, looks like I'll need to use the backup date, as someone dropped out for some local volunteer work and I've got to fill in. So, Friday May 10th it is! Barring horrible fiery death this shall be the date. Plus, it gives me some extra time to get some nice handouts together.

Everyone can roll up their own characters and send them to me. I'll PM you with my email address and Skype details. Also, if you could go to http://www.infrno.net/ and sign up for a free account, we'll be using their virtual table for the game. It's got a nice built-in dice roller and easy drag out interface for handouts and pictures. Finally, I'd like to run one of three classic scenarios: either The Haunting, The Edge of Darkness, or Mr. Corbitt. We'll take an informal vote on which you'd like to play, here.

ToCKeeper
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ToCKeeper » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Nvision wrote:Heh, looks like I'll need to use the backup date, as someone dropped out for some local volunteer work and I've got to fill in. So, Friday May 10th it is! Barring horrible fiery death this shall be the date. Plus, it gives me some extra time to get some nice handouts together.

Everyone can roll up their own characters and send them to me. I'll PM you with my email address and Skype details. Also, if you could go to http://www.infrno.net/ and sign up for a free account, we'll be using their virtual table for the game. It's got a nice built-in dice roller and easy drag out interface for handouts and pictures. Finally, I'd like to run one of three classic scenarios: either The Haunting, The Edge of Darkness, or Mr. Corbitt. We'll take an informal vote on which you'd like to play, here.
I'll leave it up to you which scenario you want to run. I don't know anything about any of them and I don't want to run into any spoilers by researching them so whatever you want is fine by me.

Are we playing in the 1920s? If so, is it okay to use the 1920s Investigator's Companion (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/8 ... _10103_0_0) or should we just stick to the core book?

Thanks again for running this!

-Dan

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 pm

We'll be mucking about in the 1920's, so if you'd like to use the investigators companion, feel free! There are some good occupation ideas, and fun perks that go along with them. Just note what perks (if any) you're using, as one of my players "misplaced" my copy during a move...

ToCKeeper
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ToCKeeper » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Nvision wrote:We'll be mucking about in the 1920's, so if you'd like to use the investigators companion, feel free! There are some good occupation ideas, and fun perks that go along with them. Just note what perks (if any) you're using, as one of my players "misplaced" my copy during a move...
Sounds good.

Mahaffa
Junior
Junior

Post by Mahaffa » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Nvision wrote:We'll be mucking about in the 1920's, so if you'd like to use the investigators companion, feel free! There are some good occupation ideas, and fun perks that go along with them. Just note what perks (if any) you're using, as one of my players "misplaced" my copy during a move...
Awesome, Should have an Investigator up and sent to you tonight.

ToCKeeper
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ToCKeeper » Wed May 01, 2013 3:59 pm

I don't want to hijack the Friday Newthulhu game, but I am jonesin to play a game this Friday! :shock: Would anyone be interested in a Realms of Cthulhu game this Friday, May 3rd?

Realms of Cthulhu is a Savage Worlds setting using the Cthulhu Mythos. Because Realms of Cthulhu uses the Savage Worlds system it will be a bit pulpier than most Call of Cthulhu sessions. If you haven't played Savage Worlds, don't worry about it. It is a fun system and pretty easy to learn. I have been running one Savage Worlds campaign or another for the past couple of years so don't worry about not knowing the rules, I'll be able to talk you through them as we play. I can have pre-gen characters rolled up and some quick-start rules handouts ready to go. All we need to play are a couple of volunteers.

Respond in this thread or shoot me a PM if you are interested.

-Dan

jovial1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jovial1 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 pm

I've rolled up a character using Byakhee. How should I get it to you, Nvision?

I'd be game for trying some Realms of Cthulhu as well. I've played a little Savage Worlds (Deadlands) so I'm at least somewhat familiar with the system.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Wed May 01, 2013 10:34 pm

ToCKeeper wrote:I don't want to hijack the Friday Newthulhu game, but I am jonesin to play a game this Friday! :shock: Would anyone be interested in a Realms of Cthulhu game this Friday, May 3rd?

Realms of Cthulhu is a Savage Worlds setting using the Cthulhu Mythos. Because Realms of Cthulhu uses the Savage Worlds system it will be a bit pulpier than most Call of Cthulhu sessions. If you haven't played Savage Worlds, don't worry about it. It is a fun system and pretty easy to learn. I have been running one Savage Worlds campaign or another for the past couple of years so don't worry about not knowing the rules, I'll be able to talk you through them as we play. I can have pre-gen characters rolled up and some quick-start rules handouts ready to go. All we need to play are a couple of volunteers.

Respond in this thread or shoot me a PM if you are interested.

-Dan
What time are you thinking for the RoC game?
Not a hack!

Shannon Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Shannon Mac » Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 pm

I might be interested like Ed. What's the time range? I'm in Cali. Note that I am referring to the ROC game.
Last edited by Shannon Mac on Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My gaming blog with pretty pictures: http://www.storytellersjem.blogspot.com/

Nvision
Masters Degree
Masters Degree

Post by Nvision » Wed May 01, 2013 11:19 pm

jovial1 wrote:I've rolled up a character using Byakhee. How should I get it to you, Nvision?
I've sent you dudes a PM...let me know if any of you don't get it.

Depending what time you're running your game, Dan, I might be able to squeeze in. I'm running front of house for a play, but if it wraps up at a decent time I'd love to join you. My previous Keeper ran RoC for us with our Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign, as it seemed to better suit the pulp nature of the way everyone was playing.