GaryConVII

Conventions, gatherings, ceremonies and other in-person meetings.
EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
GaryConVII

Post by EddyPo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:12 pm

http://garycon.com

GaryCon VII is coming up (March 26-29, 2015). Located in beautiful Lake Geneva,Wisconsin, GaryCon is my annual MUST GO convention of choice. There is a great line-up of games so far with more coming in each day--including a lot of horror games! Here are some that you might be interested in:

Mountain Monsters - The Sentinel Hill Screamer: For generations, the Appalachian Mountains have had more sightings of strange creatures than anywhere in the United States. Now, a band of hardcore hunters and trappers are out to identify these unexplained creatures. When folklore bites back, and leaves a trail of proof, one team of native West Virginian sons seeks the truth."We're headed to Berkshire county, Massachusetts, and we're going after the Sentinel Hill Screamer.." The cast and crew of "Mountain Monsters" journey to Dunwich in search of the truth (and ratings). Join Trapper, Buck, Huckleberry, Willy, Jeff, and Wild Bill (along with long suffering cameraman Martin) for an adventure that could well be their last.

Blackwater Creek: The Cade's Rest archaeological expedition to Blackwater Creek folded a few months ago, but its leader, Professor Roades, never returned. Miskatonic University is concerned with the disappearance of this esteemed colleague - repeated letters about his safety and status have remained unanswered. Find the wayward professor and see if he has uncovered any further mysteries within the village of Blackwater Creek. Standard investigators version.

The Blood Red Fez: "AM AT 5 DURWARD STREET, WHITECHAPEL. FOR GOD'S SAKE COME. BRING A GUN. JULIUS SMITH." That is the message delivered to you one dank, foggy Sunday night in London 1893 from (presumably) your good friend, Prof. Julius Smith. He is not one for false alarmism, so what could this crisis be? This long form Call of Cthulhu round serves as a prequel to the epic Horror on the the Orient Express campaign and is one of the new scenarios included in the new edition. Run by Jeff "Mr Shiny" Carey, who ran the Chaosium Kickstarter Horror on the Orient Express campaign at Gen Con.

Web of Vengeance: This Call of Cthulhu Invictus adventure is set in the Roman city of Herculaneum. The investigators will be invited to the home of Servius Vibius Casmino a wealthy senator who lives in the City of Herculaneum which rests south of Rome on the Mediterranean coast, just west of Pompeii. The Quinquatria Festival which commemorates the birth of the Goddess Minerva will just be starting. The senator's lovely daughter, Vibella Casmina, has come of age and is to be consecrated as a priestess of Minerva on the final day of the festival. What a joyous event! What could possibly go wrong?! There is virtually no chance that cult followers of an evil god will seek to interfere and it is extremely unlikely that there will be anything to investigate at all.

Uncle Timothy's Will: April 23, 1928. Uncle Timothy is dead. His ne'er-do-well nieces and nephews have gathered at his backwoods Vermont estate for the reading of his last will and testament. His million dollar inheritance will be shared among those gathered. There is one condition: only those who spend the whole weekend at the house will share in the inheritance. What could possibly go wrong?

Ghetto Holocaust: We should have known better! The Man tells us that this social project is going to better the people of the projects, going to educate, and create jobs- all it did was send people packing. Now the buses have brought everyone back, they have locked people in the projects and the military is surrounding the tenement! It's time to make sure that the Man pays for his lies and treachery! Ghetto Holocaust is an All Flesh Must be Eaten scenario set in 1970's with a Grindhouse and Blaxploitation edge. This scenario is part of the never published AFMBE source book "I'm gonna eat you sucka" by James Carpio. A Gygax Magazine Event!

The Original You Too Can Cthulhu: Jeff "Mr. Shiny" Carey resurrects the original "You Too Can Cthulhu" module he wrote many moons ago. This harrowing adventure set in 1920's Wisconsin introduces the game. So if you've never played Call of Cthulhu but wanted to, this is the game for you! The less you know, the better! Maturity and role-playing ability required. Will be updated with new 7th edition rules.

Outbreak: Gary Con: What would you do if a zombie outbreak started at Gary Con? Would you be able to survive? For how long?
No experience required, necessary rules will be taught. Characters will be provided. Just bring yourself and some d10s if you have them!

The Hideous Horror of the Hebrides: Unrelenting, nameless, unspeakable terrors make this otherwise dull stay tending a lonely lighthouse unbearable. Will your 1920's era investigators die, go insane, or suffer a worse fate? 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu Quick Start rules.

The Sullivan Affair: Investigators are invited to the reading of the will of the great New Orleans arcanist, Wilbur G. Sullivan, Esq. dead by his own hand. After several boring hours, it turns out that Mr. Sullivan has bequeathed the bulk of estate to his son, Edward. Unfortunately, the whereabouts of Edward are unknown During the reading a servant enters and dramatically blows his head off! Just before pulling the trigger, he cries out, "The spirit of Mister Sullivan Still lurks about!" The ghost will not rest until the son is found. The investigators must obtain permission from the executor to investigate the writings of the old man. It will be found that Edward was a dutiful son in writing to his father. Last known, Edward had entered the monastery of Christ Church and he was writing regularly, but no more.
Not a hack!

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor
Re: GaryConVII

Post by EddyPo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Also, I heard rumors of a Void game being run. It's not on the schedule yet so I didn't include it in the above post.
Not a hack!

Dr. Gerard
Professor
Professor

Post by Dr. Gerard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Wow! That is a lot of horror gaming. Well played, Gary. Well. Played.
Keeper of the Cthulhu Dark "Secret Everest Expedition" PbP scenario
Rip Wheeler in the Call of Cthulhu "No Man's Land" scenario
Plays for Keepers

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor

Post by Keeper Jon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:54 pm

GaryCon is one of the cons I absolutely want to attend someday, but it won't be in 2015. Keep us posted on how your games unfold.

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Joseph Goodman is going to be there again. It'll be great to get the Goodman Games update. See what secret project Jon is working on now. :)
Not a hack!

EddyPo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by EddyPo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Keeper Jon wrote:GaryCon is one of the cons I absolutely want to attend someday, but it won't be in 2015. Keep us posted on how your games unfold.
Will do. Caddy is going to be there too!
Not a hack!

toddwo
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by toddwo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:28 pm

I've attended Gary Con the past two years and it has become one of the highlights of my annual convention schedule. I recommend it without reservation!
That’s what you young chaps have got to remember – when you run, run, full speed, with never a thought for anything else; don’t look or listen or dither even for an instant; let terror have his way, for he’s the best friend you’ve got- Harry Flashman

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:40 pm

:( Wish I could go, but too far to make it happen. Next year maybe?
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:52 am

EddyPo wrote:
Keeper Jon wrote:GaryCon is one of the cons I absolutely want to attend someday, but it won't be in 2015. Keep us posted on how your games unfold.
Will do. Caddy is going to be there too!
Yup, yup - I'm running my non-gangster version of Blackwater Creek on Saturday. :p Anybody that can make it, please consider it - a GREAT con with a lot of the RPG elders that come out and share their love of the game! And dammit, I'd love to hang out with you. ;)

Game sign-ups start on Sunday, February 7th - we'd love to see ya there! :)

And Jon - GOTTA get there- that's a Goodman Games staple! :p Love to see ya at my "home con" someday soon! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound

caddy1071
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by caddy1071 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 am

toddwo wrote:I've attended Gary Con the past two years and it has become one of the highlights of my annual convention schedule. I recommend it without reservation!
AH! Excellent! Todd, we'll have to try and get a meetup between you, Eddy and I! :)

Gary Con is just flipping GREAT - damn cozy and a great place to be social. Roll of your bed and to your gaming in about 4 minutes - be there if yaz can! :)

tty!
Cory
Geekery Unbound