End of the World: Wrath of the Gods

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore
End of the World: Wrath of the Gods

Post by Bootlegger » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:03 am

Have any of you played the Fantasy Flight Wrath of the Gods RPG from their End of the World series? Just picked it up and it looks like fun.

Keeper Jon
Professor
Professor
Re: End of the World: Wrath of the Gods

Post by Keeper Jon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:49 pm

I have it. Beautiful book. I've played the zombie flavor of these game rules, and they are kind of difficult to execute. I need to play it more to get a better feel for it.

Bootlegger
Sophmore
Sophmore

Post by Bootlegger » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Yes, upon first reading, the rules are a little strange, but I'm looking forward to giving the game a shot. I do really like the character creation stuff. It will be fun to see my friends all playing themselves when Cthulhu awakens!
:fhtagn:

trevlix
Investigator
Investigator

Post by trevlix » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:35 pm

I have the zombies one and have played it. I like the simplicity of the game and have had fun with it, but the combat is a little off to me. I have not picked up any of the others due to the price tag vs. repetition of material.

I recommend checking out Invictus Stream's Youtube channel, as they have a number of EotW APs on there, and are entertaining to boot.
[Trafford: Insanity: 4, Exhaustion: 2]

http://keepingthegame.blogspot.com/