Recommended Supplements

Tell us about the new thing you picked up. Be it a game, module, mini, dice, board game, novel, comic, video game, music, or whatever. Share what you love, or loathe with everyone.
PirateLawyer
Senior
Senior
Re: Recommended Supplements

Post by PirateLawyer » Sat May 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Delta Green Countdown is, I'd argue, the best RPG supplement ever published. Yes, even better than Delta Green.

TAK
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TAK » Mon May 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Not really a supplement, but very useful:
The Cthulhu Mythos Encyclopedia by Dan Harms.
Is what the title says with references marked for each entry, be they stories or RPG supplements or whatever.

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fallingtower » Tue May 14, 2013 10:48 pm

For me the following supplements have dug deepest with me.

Call of Cthulhu 4th Edition: Broke my Cthulhoid Cherry with 4th ed. Of course not a supplement, but the background info within is wonderful.

Cthulhu Companion (1983) Where most of the wonderful 4th ed. background info came from.

Malleus Monstorum: A must have...I love monsters and here they all are.

Kingsport & Dunwich: Both are awesome, I actually think the Arkham book is a little weak.

Miskatonic University: The thicker one with Dante from Clerks on the cover. Great book.

Delta Green: The Delta Green stuff was really good, but I failed my San Roll and sold it all...for big bucks, but still I miss it.

My wife died in 2004 and I literally went crazy and sold most of my collection off out of despair.
( I had a totally complete collection at the time...including all the TOME stuff)
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft