Kickstarter Proof Reviews Here

Find a type on the 7e Proof Edition PDF? Share them here so Chaosium can get them cleared up before print!
sjaffe
Freshman
Freshman
Re: Kickstarter Proof Reviews Here

Post by sjaffe » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:13 pm

On page 86 of the Investigator Handout, the Credit Rating for a Pharmacist is given as a word range (Middle to Upper Middle Class) while the other occupations that I looked at list number ranges.

Merijeek
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Merijeek » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:14 am

Main book -

P102 - the kipper/player examples are all spaced funny. The extra line between the sections seem to have been misplayed.

P103 - justification all screwed up between "be" and "remembered". "Round represent" should be "round must represent".

Jaws67
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Jaws67 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:51 am

Keeper's Guide Page 96. Under 'Investigator Development Phase' the last sentence of the first paragraph ends with 'Conversely,
Credit Rating might be raised when an investigator acquires a higher-paid job.' The word 'Paid' should be 'paying'.

Jaws67
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Jaws67 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:28 am

Keeper's Guide Page 97 under the heading 'I'm Rich' replace 'When an investigator comes in to money' with 'When an investigator comes into money'. Same page, in the boxed text under 'I'm Rich' the sentence 'A D10 and 4 is added to Harvey's Credit Rating' should read 'A D10 is rolled and the result is a 4; thus 4 points are added to Harvey's Credit Rating. (Or something to that effect at least).
Last edited by Jaws67 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

groovyclam
Freshman
Freshman

Post by groovyclam » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:52 am

Investigator Book -

Page 148 - top right call-out box - extra "and" - "...as well as and other places..."

Page 219 - the two callout boxes should appear one page later as they are examples for rules on page 220. I was confused reading them until I read the next page.

Jaws67
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Jaws67 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Keeper's Guide Page 97: in the 2nd piece of Boxed Text in the sentence containing 'while he had to sell his house and move in to rented accommodation' 'in to' should be 'into' and an 's' should be added to the word 'accommodation'.

Jaws67
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Jaws67 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Keeper's Guide Page 97 under the heading 'Crash': The entire first sentence strikes me as rather awkward: 'Sudden loss of all sources of income and all debts called in, such as a stock market crash, leading to a dramatic
fall in the value of all investments. Reduce Credit Rating by D100' I suggest replacing it with something along the lines of 'The sudden loss of all sources of income and/or all debts being called in (such as in a Stock Market crash) lead to a dramatic decline in the character's fortunes.The Investigator must reduce his Credit Rating by D100.'

Also under the heading 'Crash' the last sentence reads: 'Continuing with the status quo is of course the default, and Keepers should only seek to make changes they are needed.' I suggest rewording it as: 'Continuing with
the status quo is the default, although Keepers should feel free to make changes as they are warranted.'

Lastly (for Page 97) under the heading 'Contacts': the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph starts out with 'If the Investigator is on home ground...' I would add 'his or her' between the words 'on' and 'home'.

groovyclam
Freshman
Freshman

Post by groovyclam » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:58 pm

I agree with the earlier poster that some of the Theron Marks info in the "Life as an Investigator" in the Investigator Handbook is too "spoilery" to be left in. It will turn the neophyte player into a possible "munchkin" straight away ( i.e. "But of course I've got some clean clothes, galoshes, crossbow and a winch attached to the car" ).

Most of the chapter seems to be useful guidance to a new player and would not spoil the fun of learning by playing and making mistakes. However I suggest removing the following subsections ( about 2 sides in total ) as they are just too "spoilery":

------------------------------------

Tactical Considerations
- Standing Watches
- Weapons
- Spells
- Dynamite
- Disguises

Coded Communications ( incl. Cell Phones )

Equipment
- Lanterns and Lighting
- Automobiles
- Clothing
- Other Equipment

------------------------------------

fallingtower
Graduate Student
Graduate Student

Post by fallingtower » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Every time I find a boo-boo and go to post it, someone else beat me to it. Bravo to you folks. :cthulhudance:

Anyway, something that isn't a mistake, more of an oversight. I noticed in the aviation portion, no Ford Tri-motor. Which was a big deal in the US aviation market.

Of course the Tri-motor was basically a rip off of the Junkers, but still.
I think maybe the fact that I went to Stout Middle-School I might be carrying a torch for the tri-motor, the Ford plane would be most likely the plane of choice on this side of the pond. Stout was the designer of the tri-motor, so it was kind of drummed into our heads how important it was to early commercial aviation.

Check out the links:

FORD TRI -MOTOR
Interior video with cool toilet
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

H. P. Lovecraft

sjaffe
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sjaffe » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:20 pm

I don't know if it's too late to post this but there's a big error in the title of Chapter 16. The correct plural of "appendix" is "appendices". NOT "appendicies".